Saturday, September 03, 2005

My School Days

As I was walking past the School building today, I recalled that around a zillion years ago (2334634272348 years, 6 months, 23 days and 10hours to be specific) I ceased being a student over there.

I walked into the campus, strolling around in its sylvan surroundings, soaking up the quiet ambience. Hey! What's the post about my Lakshadweep Holiday doing here? According to a directive of an Indian Court, no school shall produce a sound of intensity less than 140 decibels, and that is during regular lecture hours. Seriously! The amount of noise the kids were making was simply amazing. They would have to invent a new scale to measure the intensity. I now know why Nuclear tests aren't conducted near residential areas. They are probably afraid they will be unable to hear the detonation over the noise!

At a nuclear test site near a school (pure pandemonium)
Scientist A : How did it go?
Scientist B : What?
Scientist A : (Using sign language) How did it go?
Scientist B : It was good. (Sound of children running and fighting in the background) We could actually find out the time that school ends! We are planning to conduct tests after school hours.

Unfortunately for the Scientists, the kids are very clever. They probably have found out the EXACT timing the poor people are going to conduct the tests and will choose that specific time to play cricket and have arguments. The amount of noise made while playing this particular sport is about thrice as much as a nuclear explosion and about twice of that of some rock bands. So, the scientists will have to conduct their tests at a time when the kids are sleeping. This is why scientists in India prefer obscure places like Rajasthan to conduct their tests.

But nuclear tests is not what the article is about. Its about my school days. How I long for those days of simple life, where passing in all subjects was a given. And the person with the God status was usually the one who could chew three chewing gums at a time and make funny noises with his arm pits at the same time! Now, you guys are probably thinking that we were a bunch of misfits; a total give up. But we weren't bad academically. Why, one of my friends got as high as 53% in his annual exams.

Okay, we weren't exactly geniuses or anything, but we made it through school like the millions of other students do. And as I was roaming around the school, the final bell rang and at least that many students came rushing out of the exit and there was a near stampede situation. But I survived it, using my superb skills as an acrobat to catch hold of the watch man and hold him as a physical shield in front of me. It was only after I realised that the crowd had passed that I let the man go. Its not every day that you face a life and death situation.

As I exited the school campus, I saw a couple of nerdy, brainy looking guys signalling to each other and laughing at me. They were wearing strange type of white coats, with some insignia on them. I wonder who they could be...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi
ur blogs are getting more and more interesting day by day!!!!I read them regularly!!!Amazing writing style!!!keep it up!!!

Radgovin said...

Thank you!

I would love it if you coulds stop being anonymous. Pepople will think I have written the comments myself! Not that I'm above such low level, underhanded tricks, but I don't want to execute them. At least not this time! :-)

Maverick said...

Dude, whenever u get a comment from an "anonymous" and the comment has a reference to that persons site, it mostly is not real.. these are the new types personal marketing strategies.

You need not reply to them :-)

this one is not... keep it up :-)

Maverick

Freelance bloger said...

hey ur blog's really improvin by leaps & bounds.. this one was really humerous .. keep up the gud work