Friday, September 23, 2005

Duke Nukem and Red Alert

When I had started writing this blog, I had thought that I would write it daily. But as time has passed, I have realised that too much of a good thing isn't good. So, I thought that I'd make my readers sweat it out for a few days, while I myself am sweating out for my Mid-Term examinations! That is the principal reason why my posts these days have been sporadic. I plan to return to my normal frequency of a post each alternate day very soon.

You might be wondering, after reading the title, what the post is going to be about. Well, it’s going to be about sex, and the ways you can enjoy it better! Its going to be about Duke Nukem and Red Alert, you dummy! These two, as you will probably know, unless you were asleep the whole period of your teen age, were the most popular games when we were teenagers. Especially, Duke Nukem. I still vividly recall the first time I played the game, using a shotgun to blow alien ass all over the walls. And the thrill and the joy and the excitement of realizing that due to my excellent skills at using a key-board, the world was going to be freed of Aliens! Man, those were the days, back when the computer cost a cool 70 grand. Nowadays, for 70 grand, you can pick up a system that will refuse to run Duke Nukem. See what they mean when they say that the rupee is devaluating?

So, anyway, as I was saying, Duke Nukem took up a lot of my teenage time. Which probably explains my lack of maturity and etiquette. Seriously, I am more of a dunk-head than Duke could ever hope to be. And that is putting it mildly. Don’t get me started about table manners. I was so involved in playing Duke through my teenage and formative years, that I forgot to indulge in such character building activities such as learning physics, getting ditched by girl-friends, never getting laid, yet boasting about how you lost your virginity at an early age. I missed all of that. But I won’t blame Duke for that. He was and still is my Hero. He hey. What a mess!

You are probably wondering how a person who spent his formative years in Gaming can write such wonderful stuff. The answer to that is simple. You see, my school was an English Medium school. And that is not the reason why I write well. The reason I write well is that I had to take tuitions to ensure that I could make a pass grade in English. And since the dude who took my tuitions charged heavily, my parents made damn sure that I studied my English properly. Occasionally though, such words as damn and sex do escape me. But that can be attributed to four years of abused teen age. Who knows if I had lied about my state of virginity like the other guys did, I might have turned out a different person than what I am today. Maybe my English wouldn’t have been as good. But then, I would have the satisfaction of knowing what they mean when they say “E = Mc2”. Or maybe, I could have used my typing skills to reduce or even reverse the trend of rupee devaluation. If only the makers of Duke Nukem could come up with games titled “Bill Gatesem”. I would save the world from Financial disaster.

1 comment:

Maverick said...

unhh... unhh,,, where is it ??

khooool RPG !! :-)

Dont have time to play with myself (LOL)

Cheers