Wednesday, November 30, 2005

What a Month!

No. I am not talking about the one that is yet to dawn upon us. I am talking about the month that went by. I appeared for six whole exams and not one of them needed creative writing as a pre-requisite; let alone humour. Actually, some of the answers I wrote would have made Dave Barry proud. In the sense that if it weren't for the supervisor keeping a constant vigil over the class, I myself would have burst out laughing at what I was writing. I am hoping that the Professor will give me credit for making him laugh.

No, seriously. I had no answer to questions like the following:
1. "What is the composition of the landfill leachate?"
2. "What is the composition of the landfill gas?"
3. "If a city generates 5000 tonnes of Solid Waste everyday, do you think Ganguly should be ousted out of India and not only the Indian Cricket team?"
Actually, I confess to having answered as many as ONE question from the above honestly and unfunnily (if there is any such word as unfunnily)

Other things that I did in the past month, other than mug up around a thousand odd pages of material for each exam, include :
1. A visit to INS Vikrant (Time spent : 6 hours in total)
2. Seeing the movie, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Really well made movie. I thought the book was the second worst ever written by JKR.) (Time spent : 6 hours in total)
3. Thinking about my blog and the day I could start writing again. (Time spent : 196 hours in total)

And here I am, writing once again, in what my dash board claims is my fortieth article. And I realise that I have been unable to make you junta laugh. I think it's a result of the examinations I went through. Or it could be the trauma of the news of Ganguly's return to the Indian Test Team.

1 comment:

Anu said...

At the risk of sounding like a crazy fan, this is a pretty good blog.

Right, who am I kidding?

This is a great blog. Don't stop anytime soon.

-crazy fan person (might as well do it properly, eh? hmm... how about being atalked on a regular basis? )